Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

JM Casey

Sure; even going back as far as Windows 98 sometimes you would hear a shutdown sound but the PC still would not shut down. The sound is just one thing in a series of tasks executed when one performs a shutdown. And it's never going to be one of the last tasks executed, because shutting down background programmes like the stuff that makes your sound device work is also part of the sequence. So a shutdown sound guarantees ... not much, really, just that the specific operation designated "play shutdown sound" has executed.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: January 8, 2020 11:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

And even in Windows 7 I had situations where the shut-down sound played and then one of my sighted employees or my wife said the computer had not powered down because of some message which Jaws didn't read any more.
But adding it to Windows 10 as an elevated task as I described in my other email does work well and it's better than nothing.