Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

Gerald Levy

But you cannot toggle NVDA or JAWS on or off at will with a keystroke in Windows 10 like you can with Narrator, which is a great convenience.  And Narrator comes up immediately with the Control-Windows key-Enter command.  There is no delay like there is with NVDA or JAWS.  And it can be closed with this same keystroke,unlike JAWS and NVDA, which require multiple keystrokes to close.   And there are times when when neither JAWS nor NVDA will speak due to some technical glitch, but because Narrator is built into the operating system, it will almost always work.  So setting it so that it can be used to only announce log on and log off is not a good idea, in my humble opinion.  Sorry if I came on too strongly in my previous message.

Gerald

On 1/8/2020 12:23 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Really Gerald.  Can we lay off of the attacks please.  It was a suggestion. I personally use NVDA to tell me what is going on when JAWS quits for no reason.  I did not know that you could set Narrator to only speak at log on and off.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13
-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 11:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

How stupid is that?  If JAWS stops speaking for some reason, then you
won't be able to toggle on Narrator to troubleshoot the problem.

Gerald

On 1/8/2020 11:49 AM, george b wrote:
Set naraitor to only run at log on and shutdown and it will tell you the log on info and it will say logging off when shutting down and will not speak anywhere els after logging in