Thank you very much.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word reading issue

I would guess this is related to how the Word documents are presented on screen. If they are showing two pages, side by side, this issue would arise.

Two ways to sort it, if this is the cause.

First would be to zoom the page to a level where only one page shows on screen. you can do that with Alt, W, 1.

Second would be to change from print view to draft view with Alt + Ctrl + N. Draft view contains all the text but doesn't no graphics or other visual things like headers or footers. If you are sharing the document with sighted people and want to put it back into print view, you can use Alt + Ctrl + P.

Hope that helps,

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sandra Streeter via Groups.Io
Sent: 08 January 2020 16:02

I’ve also had the problem.

Sandra

The Truth must dazzle gradually

Or every man be blind —

(Emily Dickinson)

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:58 AM

Well, it is somewhat reassuring that I am not the only one having this issue.

If no one provides a fix, I should send the issue to tech support.

Thanks,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:54 AM

Interestingly, I am having this exact same problem using the latest version of JAWS and Word 16 and word 2019.

This is consistent behavior.

How do I fix this?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:41 AM
Subject: Word reading issue

Hello:

I am working with Word 13 I believe and JAWS 2019.

I am typing up notes for a colleague and ran into a strange problem.

The total document ended up to be 3 pages.  As I arrow down reading the document it will jump from the end of page 1 to the start of page 3.

If I use move by word or character, it will flow correctly from bottom of page 1 to top of page 2.  If I then try to arrow back up, it will not go beyond the top of page 2.

The flow from the bottom of page2 to top of page 3 seems to be fine.

Anyone know what my problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

This email and any attachment to it are confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.
All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Guide Dogs and monitored for legitimate business purposes.
Guide Dogs exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Tel: 0118 983 5555
Email: guidedogs@...
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.