From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 3:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

Unfortunately, there is no shutdown sound in Windows 10.  Hacking the registry to produce logoff or shutdown sounds is a bad idea, no matter what the other "experts" on this list may tell you to the contrary.  The bottom line is that hacking the registry can often produce unwanted or unpredictable results.  If you want to be sure that your computer has completely powered off after you initiate a shutdown, I suggest purchasing a small USB-powered cooling fan and connecting it to a front or rear panel USB port. When the computer powers off, the fan will stop spinning.  Simple as that.

Gerald

On 1/8/2020 1:40 AM, Shankar C wrote:
Hi bill, hope things are well at you.
I am using windows 10 1903 with jaws 2020 on my dell laptop.
I have downloaded the Shutdown-Logoff-Logon-Sound-Hacks folder and
extracted, and added them in the windows Registry.
and on the sound events, I also checked the check box which says play sounds.
now, I can able to eare only logon sounds.
I am unable to eare the sounds for other events such as logoff,
shutdown, and restart.

I kindly request you to help me on this.

On 8/3/18, Robert Wright <wrightsiphone@gmail.com> wrote:
I was able to get windows log on and off to show in the registry but
exit is still not showing.

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for
you!                                ***