moderated Re: It's new computer time and I am looking for advice.

Kelly Pierce

You do not need a built-in optical drive on a laptop. Just plug it in.
similar to a keyboard.

I recommend an i7 computer to compensate for the slight drag on
performance JAWS has on computers. Generally, people are pleased with
super duper speedy computers rather than mediocre ones.

Kelly

On 1/7/20, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:
It could be that the websites you use just don't work all that well on a
phone.

 for what I do mobile, searching for information, and reading a few
select websites, my iphone does it all. Many big websites also have
apps, and for things like CNBC and Bloomberg, the apps are more
accessible than using the websites even on a pc.

If I really want to dig into something, I prefer a real keyboard, and
most laptops don't do it for me without an external keyboard. I am
currently using a gaming desktop.  It is complete overkill, but when I
switched from my old desktop with a 4th- gen i5 to this Ryzen 7 3700, I
definitely noticed the difference.  Everything just responded faster.
You can keep an older system going a long time by putting an ssd in it,
and I'd recommend that before replacing a perfectly functioning computer
made within the last 6-7 years, but once things get weird, you can't
beat getting something powerful that you won't have to worry about
hopefully for a long time.

On 1/7/2020 14:17, Jim Rawls wrote:

I agree with you on all points here. I am not a fan of my IPhone, and
always like surfing on my current laptop. I am not a good user of the
IPhone. I prefer a windows computer over anything apple has to offer.
That’s just me, and if someone likes their mac better, good for them.
I’m going out this afternoon to see what I see. Jim

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
<main@jfw.groups.io> <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Chris
Hill *Sent:* Tuesday, January 7, 2020 7:24 AM *To:* >
main@jfw.groups.io
<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>