moderated Re: It's new computer time and I am looking for advice.

Jim Rawls

You have some good points here. I am going out this afternoon to see what I find out. I wouldn’t ever get a laptop without checking out the keyboard first. Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: It's new computer time and I am looking for advice.

Very much this. I’d also recommend physically looking at laptop keyboard layouts if you can before buying. I refuse to buy a laptop if I don’t like the layout of its keyboard – having to plug in or connect an external keyboard when out and about especially seems extremely counter intuitive to me when I want portability. Where to put the laptop and where to put my full sized keyboard when I want to actually use it and only have my lap to place it on?

This is just me personally, though – do what works for you – but having a mini desktop computer and a laptop is a fantastic idea, especially if you can just unplug the things you want from the desktop, like headsets or keyboards, and take them with you, even if it’s to another part of the house, for use on the laptop.