moderated Re: It's new computer time and I am looking for advice.

Zel Iscel

Hi all,

My laptop and mobile phone comprise my mobile office. I travel in and out of Australia with them. Consequently, I buy small laptops with no DVD player and no numeric keypad. I don’t like to carry too many things so I don’t use an external keyboard either.

Probably needless to say but portability is important for me, as well as speed. I used to be a Toshiba fan too Maria, but I find they’re no good now. Last year I bought a ruggedised HP ProBook 640 G4 with 16GB RAM, and it’s working very well. It’s a little heavier than what I’d usually get but I believe that’s because of the AMD graphics card it comes with. I didn’t want Intel this time because it relies on the processor and thus slows down the computer. Graphics cards such as AMD, operate separately from the processor so the laptop is a lot faster.

The laptop wasn’t cheap but I couldn’t run my business without it so I don’t mind investing money on a good one.

So my advice when buying a new computer is to really think about what you’re going to do with it and what features you need to do what you’re going to do with it.

Hope that helps.

Zel