moderated Re: What does "on top" window mean?

Van Lant, Robin

Good question. I‘ve wondered this, too.  In my current list, I have three programs showing as “on top”.  Each of these is one I do not launch, but are auto-launched by my company or my laptop.  I actually wish that I could have a checkbox that allowed me to hide these from the list view.  If I use this function to move between programs, it just feels like clutter to have our antivirus and other programs in the list.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 8:29 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: What does "on top" window mean?

Hi!

If I press JAWSKey+F10, I get a list of all open windows.  Sometimes, it indicates that a particular window is “on top.”  And, this dialogue has a checkbox to show only windows that are “on top.”  So, what does it mean that a window is “on top?”

Thanks,

Richard

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114