moderated Re: JAWS 2019 Does not Launch at Startup in Windows 10

Richard B. McDonald

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2020 8:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 2019 Does not Launch at Startup in Windows 10

That should have absolutely no influence as to whether Jaws starts properly as it should if the correct settings are selected in Jaws Options > Basics > Automatically Start Jaws...

#1:
Try pressing, control, shift + escape, to open the task manager.
Control + tab to the Startup tab and tab 1 time into a list of items.
Down arrow to Application file for Jaws and tab 3 times to see its
status. If it says, Enable, this means that Jaws is not turned on to
start with the computer. So, press the spacebar so Jaws reports,
Disable, to turn it on. No, I'm not talking backwards, this is the way
it works. Now Alt + F4 to close and reboot the computer to see if it works.
#2:
1. Open the control panel, navigate to the Ease of Access Center link
and press enter.
2. Tab to, Use the computer without a display Link, and press enter.
3. Now tab several times to find all of your installed screenreaders
and make sure the version of Jaws you want to run at startup is checked.

Take care. Mike. Sennt from my iBarstool.