moderated FW: Some Helpful Commands for Using 1Password

jeff_blair@...

-----Original Message-----
From: jeff_blair@comcast.net <jeff_blair@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 4:30 PM
To: 'jaws-users-list@groups.io' <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: FW: Some Helpful Commands for Using 1Password

-----Original Message-----
From: jeff_blair@comcast.net <jeff_blair@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 4:19 PM
To: 'jfw@lists.the-jdh.com' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: Some Helpful Commands for Using 1Password

Hello - JAWS User Group,

I have discovered some commands that have been helpful when I navigate
through the 1Password password manager application. I'm using the latest
version of 1Password under Windows 10 and JAWS 2019. These commands do not
include setting up 1Password and creating accounts in a shared vault (my
sighted wife did that), but these command do help me enter, navigate, and
link to accounts within 1Password after it has been set up:

1. To get to my 1Password application on my Windows 10 computer, I hit the
Windows key (immediately to the right of the Control key) until I hear the
word "search." I then key in the name "1Password" and hit enter.
2. When 1Password opens, JAWS is silent for about 10 seconds and then it
instructs me to enter my master password. I then enter my master password
and hit enter.
3. After accepting my master password, the cursor goes to the "Search
Shared" field in the shared account.
4. If I wish to see all the accounts in the shared vault, I hit shift tab to
go up to the "tree."
5. Then do control mouse click KEY (this key is immediately above the number
8 key on the numeric key pad which is on the right side of my keyboard).
6. Now I can arrow down thru the list of accounts in the shared vault and
JAWS reads to me the name of each account.
7. Furthermore, if I hit the tab key when my cursor is on one of the
accounts, it allows me to read the details of that account (which my sighted
assistant tells me is on the right side of the screen).
8. Now that I'm on the right side of the screen, I can arrow down thru this
information until I get to the link to the website, and if I hit enter on
the website, it goes to the website for that account.

I hope these keystroke command might be helpful.