moderated Re: JAWS 2019 Does not Launch at Startup in Windows 10

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

Hello,
I'm not sure if Windows 10 Home or Pro makes a difference in the installation and start-up sequence. But it would help if Richard, you could tell us if you are running Windows 10 Home Edition or Pro.

Original message:

Hi Mike!
About your #2 below, I looked at that and indeed JAWS 2019 is checked. It is the only screen reader I have installed. About your #1 below, when I press control+shift+escape, I do get to task manager. However, there seems not to be any “startup” tab. Pressing control+tab does nothing since there is only the one main window without any other tabs.
I would appreciate any other suggestions!
Thanks,
Richard
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2020 3:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 2019 Does not Launch at Startup in Windows 10
2 things come to mind, read and check both to see if they're both on / checked:
#1:
Try pressing, control, shift + escape, to open the task manager.
Control + tab to the Startup tab and tab 1 time into a list of items.
Down arrow to Application file for Jaws and tab 3 times to see its status. If it says, Enable, this means that Jaws is not turned on to start with the computer. So, press the spacebar so Jaws reports, Disable, to turn it on. No, I'm not talking backwards, this is the way it works. Now Alt + F4 to close and reboot the computer to see if it works.
#2:
1. Open the control panel, navigate to the Ease of Access Center link and press enter.
2. Tab to, Use the computer without a display Link, and press enter.
3. Now tab several times to find all of your installed screenreaders and make sure the version of Jaws you want to run at startup is checked.

Take care. Mike. Sennt from my iBarstool.
----- Original Message -----
To: jfw@groups.io <mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2020 1:17 PM
Subject: JAWS 2019 Does not Launch at Startup in Windows 10
Hi!
I am running the latest version of JAWS 2019. Recently, I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. After doing so, JAWS does not launch automatically upon startup. For now, the PC has only one user account with no password. As such, when started the PC just logs-in and goes straight to the desktop. I have set JAWS 1) to launch at the logon screen (though there is none yet) and 2) always to start for the user. Still, JAWS does not launch.
What is the solution to this?
Thanks,
Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.