From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kendra Schaber
Sent: 04 January 2020 19:38
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Unable to move around cells in excel with jaws 2020

Hi all! What version of Excel does he have on his computer?

As the result of attending school, I discovered that writing is one of my gifts. On the other hand, I have eighth grade spelling. Because of my eighth grade spelling, I’m currently working on improving my spelling where it is possible. I also discovered that math is my biggest weakness. Because of my weakness of math, I’m going for an English major with Environmental Science minor instead of an Earth Science major.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email!

Blessed be!

Kendra Schaber

Honor Roll student, Fall term, 2019

Vice-President of the Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)

Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)

National Federation of the Blind of Oregon(NFB-O)

(503) 599-9991

Redwing731@...

Kschaber@...

NFB One Minute Message:

NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, oppertunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.

Go Detroit, Red Wings! Go Pittsburgh, Penguins! Go Portland, Winterhawks! Go Baltimore, Oriels!  Go Baltimore, Ravens! Go Oregon State Beavers, baseball and football teams!

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”, Author unknown.

On Jan 4, 2020, at 11:29, paul lemm <paul.lemm@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Asking on behalf of a friend, He has just brought a new PC (windows 10 home edition), he is using Jaws 2020 and office 360. When he tries to move around the spreadsheet in excel nothing is spoken, no cell values and no way of knowing whether he is actually moving around the cells in the spreadsheet. Menu navigation in Excel is working properly, jaws just doesn’t speak anything whilst  trying to move around the spreadsheet cells with the arrow keys. We’ve tried turning off Jaws and using narrator instead, using narrator we can move around the spreadsheet cells fine using the arrow keys. Does anyone on the list have any suggestions as to what the issue might be? Any solutions/suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Paul