From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: 04 January 2020 20:24
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Unable to move around cells in excel with jaws 2020

I got a new pc a while back, and while I was setting up windows it got my microsoft account and asked if I wanted to go ahead and download office.  When I did that, I got a version of office that didn't work at all well with jaws, seemed like excel was the worst.  I downloaded the real version and installed it and that solved all the problems.  You'd think they would ask you which version you wanted if they saw you were using a screen reader.

CH

On 1/4/2020 13:29, paul lemm wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Asking on behalf of a friend, He has just brought a new PC (windows 10 home edition), he is using Jaws 2020 and office 360. When he tries to move around the spreadsheet in excel nothing is spoken, no cell values and no way of knowing whether he is actually moving around the cells in the spreadsheet. Menu navigation in Excel is working properly, jaws just doesn’t speak anything whilst  trying to move around the spreadsheet cells with the arrow keys. We’ve tried turning off Jaws and using narrator instead, using narrator we can move around the spreadsheet cells fine using the arrow keys. Does anyone on the list have any suggestions as to what the issue might be? Any solutions/suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Paul