From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Debby Hill
Sent: 04 January 2020 20:04
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Unable to move around cells in excel with jaws 2020

Hi Paul,

I am no expert, but I have two thoughts. First if this is a spreadsheet that he is editing or trying to view, is there a chance that it is in protected view? You should be able to use F6 to look at the bars at the top of the screen to see the documents status.

My other thought is, if this is the web version of office 360, I understand that it doesn't work as well with JAWS as the the desktop version does.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck!

Debby

P.S. Sorry if there are any braille characters in this message. My BrailleNote Touch Plus sometimes like to put in braille characters instead of ⠏⠗⠔⠞ ones. Yikes!

On Jan 4, 2020 2:29 PM, paul lemm <paul.lemm@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Asking on behalf of a friend, He has just brought a new PC (windows 10 home edition), he is using Jaws 2020 and office 360. When he tries to move around the spreadsheet in excel nothing is spoken, no cell values and no way of knowing whether he is actually moving around the cells in the spreadsheet. Menu navigation in Excel is working properly, jaws just doesn’t speak anything whilst  trying to move around the spreadsheet cells with the arrow keys. We’ve tried turning off Jaws and using narrator instead, using narrator we can move around the spreadsheet cells fine using the arrow keys. Does anyone on the list have any suggestions as to what the issue might be? Any solutions/suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Paul