moderated Re: keyboard shortcut to announce input keyboard indicator?

David Griffith

I think this has already been said but just in case you missed it you do not need scripts as windows spacebar will cycle you through different input languages.

David Griffith

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lev
Sent: 29 December 2019 14:39
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: keyboard shortcut to announce input keyboard indicator?

well I guess you're right, I couldn't get the input indicator off the taskbar.

as for choosing an input method to always use as default, it just wouldn't fill my need since I needs my keyboard to precisely use a different input language depending on what I have to write...

I believe a script allowing for switching back and forth among specific input languages would be great... too bad I cannot how to write a script...

On 12/28/2019 5:16 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Lev,

            The keyboard/language indicator in the taskbar is one of the oddities, in that you cannot choose for it not to be in the taskbar if you have installed multiple language packs.  I just checked the Select which icons appear in the taskbar settings and its nowhere to be found.  It showed up as soon as I had added additional language packs (in this case, variants of English).

             Things have changed somewhat since I added these, but under 1909 it's under Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane, Add a preferred language button.  There's also a new-to-me link for Choose an input method to always use as default.

        ~ Joshua Liebman