moderated Re: How to close documents in JAWS 2020

Shirley Tracy

Thank you all for your responses. You made me rethink my problem, and although I have the same desktop and same keyboard that I have been using, I have to agree that the problem has to be the keyboard. At least I know in what direction I should look now.

Shirley Tracy

From: Shirley Tracy via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2019 1:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to close documents in JAWS 2020

Hi,

I finally updated to JAWS 2020. I’m running Windows 10 and now have chosen to purchase the “HOME eddition.” Why can’t I close documents and even some applications? I have to get into the menus and actually tab to the “close” button. Alt F4 doesn’t work for me any more. Is this a change I didn’t read or hear about?

Please forgive me if you have discussed this topic before, but I’m new with the upgrade and really want to know what to do. Another way to close, perhaps?

Thanks.

Shirley Tracy