From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 3:29 PM
Subject: How to close documents in JAWS 2020
I get why JAWS and NVDA both refer to their primary control key as the
JAWS and NVDA key, respectively.  What that key is depends entirely on
the keyboard layout you are using, and being able to write documentation
such that it's JAWS+Modifier or NVDA+Modifier is far easier than saying
INSERT or CAPS LOCK plus modifier all over the place.

I've also come to expect that most screen reader users are aware of
having two keyboard layout options even if they've only ever used one of
the two.  I haven't had a laptop without a number pad in ages, so even
on laptops I use desktop keyboard layout, where INSERT is the JAWS or
NVDA key, respectively.

*/Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's
beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting
them./*

        ~ Joshua Liebman