moderated Re: How to close documents in JAWS 2020

I get why JAWS and NVDA both refer to their primary control key as the JAWS and NVDA key, respectively.  What that key is depends entirely on the keyboard layout you are using, and being able to write documentation such that it's JAWS+Modifier or NVDA+Modifier is far easier than saying INSERT or CAPS LOCK plus modifier all over the place.

I've also come to expect that most screen reader users are aware of having two keyboard layout options even if they've only ever used one of the two.  I haven't had a laptop without a number pad in ages, so even on laptops I use desktop keyboard layout, where INSERT is the JAWS or NVDA key, respectively.

        ~ Joshua Liebman