moderated Re: How to close documents in JAWS 2020

Richard Turner

I had not paid much attention to this thread but since it was continuing I read through all the posts.

To close a document in Windows, you can use either Control+w or control+f4.  Both keystrokes close the current window/document.

Alt+f4 exits a program which of course will also close a document, but it actually exits the program.

So, in Word, if you want to just close a document and keep word open, use control+w or control+f4.

Like Brian and others have said; if your function keys are not behaving, that isn’t Jaws, especially if you just upgraded to Jaws 2020.

HTH,

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper