moderated Re: Kill jaws process completely

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  When you unload Jaws,  sometimes the Jaws Instigated processes such as JHook and the Jaws come server still stays active in the background, unnecessarily consuming and hogging computer resources needed for other operations.  Applications that need Intensive processing capabilities such as Digital Audio Work Stations, especially those that rely on Jaws scripts for propper access cannot function propperly unless the whole of jaws is freshly started, hence the need to kill the leftover processes.

On 12/20/2019 1:59 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
What is the point of Kill JAWS?  You can just hit JAWS Key plus F4 to exit JAWS, or remove it completely through the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

From: Mike B
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: Kill jaws process completely

Hi Jaffar,

The steps below are for an older version of Jaws, but hopefully they'll give you a shove in the right direction:

hello;

if your using jaws15,
you will find the jaws kill at:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

if you really need to you could create shortcut to desktop,

the windows-key+insert-key+f4=kil/unload jaws from memory.

Desktop Icon Steps:
hello;

if your wanting to create shortcut fror,

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

1, desktop;

2, ctrl+spacebar making sure there is no icon selected,

3, press applications key, or shift f10,

up or down arrow and enter on,
new sub-menu,

4, arrow and enter on, new shortcut,

your now being asked,
Type the location of the item:
here you would type in:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

5, tab next enter,

here your being asked to give the shortcut a name,
you will see,
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
you can change this to killjaws, or whatever you wish, now tab finish, press
enter.

heck you could even create an hotkey if your little heart desires.
David

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM
Subject: Kill jaws process completely

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!