moderated Re: JAWS And Excel
Ann:toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks, I will try this sometime.
The key combinations can be difficult sometimes.
Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS And Excel
1. Go to the row with your headers.
2. Press alt+m, then m. JAWS will say "define name, dot dot dot."
3. Press enter to get into the edit field.
4. To have JAWS speak row titles only, type "rowtitle" and press enter.
5. To have JAWS speak column titles only, type "columntitle" and press enter.
6. To have JAWS speak both row and column titles, type "title".
These are Word commands interpreted by JAWS, so if you save the workbook and move it, the titles move too. If you use save-as to create another worksheet, the titles move too. More detailed instructions are available in the JAWS training materials.