moderated Re: Creating a contact group Outlook 2016 JAWS2020

Hi Shai,

I'll tell you what I do with contact groups but since I'm running Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 computer with Fusion 2019, your results could differ substantially.

I find the easiest way to edit contact groups is to first make sure that anyone I want to add to a group is first added to my contacts. Then, I start a new email message, execute the To button next to the email address field, and then type the contact group name. I place focus on that contact group name in the search results and then press shift + F10 to open a context menu where I select properties. This presents the list of those currently in the group. I tab once which takes me into the list and when I arrow up and down, Fusion/JAWS reads the members. I then select the add member icon from the ribbon bar where I search for the new contact I want to add to the group.

I hope this helps a bit.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Creating a contact group Outlook 2016 JAWS2020

Hello all,
After trying to add some members to a contact group in outlook 2016, I notice that when I try to arrow down JAWS does not announce the list of members.
This is in Outlook 2016 retail version if this makes a difference.
Does anyone have a work around? I tried refreshing the screen and tabbing forward and back to the members area but when I do this, JAWS still has difficulty announcing the members. I also used the JAWS cursor and I am able to see all the members this way using up and down arrow keys but I can not remove a member this way.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.