From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Cole via Groups.Io
Sent: 18 December 2019 16:40
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Resources list

Hi,
I only use iCloud Drive, so I don’t worry about the unlabeled buttons.
I don’t care about Photos, Favorites, or Contacts. So just install and once its finished, I believe there will be a close button.

On Dec 17, 2019, at 9:28 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...> wrote:

I am using JAWS 2019 and still have a problem using iCloud. The buttons are unlabeled. What am I missing? How is it included on this list?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13
-----Original Message----- From: David Griffith
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2019 4:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Dear Sarah
Thanks for taking this initiative.
I have been quietly adding programs to the list based on people's suggestions and the list is now quite expanded, especially in the utilities category. I was going to post this expanded list to the list anyway in a few days but you have prompted me to post it earlier.
As a start I have included some but definitely not all download links in the below list already.
Many of the free and trial programs are available from the excellent
Screenreader Accessible Page at https://ninite.com/accessible Where
this is the case I have included the nimite link for convenience. Other download links are also included if known at the time of writing.
So this is the complete expanded latest list as of today. I anticipate that it will expand more.

Office
Word - all versions (Paid)
Available from:
https://products.office.com/en-gb/get-office-oem-download-page
Jarte + (Free and Paid versions)
Excel all versions. (Paid)
Available from:
https://products.office.com/en-gb/get-office-oem-download-page

Wordpad (included with Windows )
Notepad (included with Windows )

Email and Messaging
Microsoft Outlook all versions. (Paid) Available from:
https://products.office.com/en-gb/get-office-oem-download-page
Windows Mail (included with Windows )
Thunderbird (Free)
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
TW Blue Twitter Client. Free or donation) Microsoft People (included
with Windows ) Outlook Address Book View. (allows more reliable and
easier viewing and saving of contacts) (Free) Skype Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible Internet Telephone 8.54.0.91 Available
from https://ninite.com/accessible Yahoo Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible

Cloud Storage
DropBox (Free and Paid)
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
OneDrive (Free and Paid) (Free to Office Subscribers) Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible SendSpace Wizard (Free and Paid)
Available from:
www.sendspace.com
Open Drive Desktop client.(Free and Paid)
iCloud also (for transfer to iPhone and iPad)(Free and Paid)

Programming- Web Development
Cisco Jabber
Cisco Jabber softphone accessible with JAWS scripts available on Cisco
website Oracle applications Oracle Enterprise suite (can confirm the
accessibility on Finance module which works after installing Java
–both 32 bit & 64 bit)
Notepad++ Programmer's Editor
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible

Podcasts and News readers.
RSS Reader (Webbie Accessibility Suite) (Free) Available from:
https://www.webbie.org.uk/download.htm
QCastv (paid)
Available from:
HTTPs://q-continuum.net/qcast/
Podcast downloader (Webbie Accessibility Suite) (Free) Available from:
https://www.webbie.org.uk/download.htm

Compression and File Utility
7-Zip (Free)
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
DirZip (for creating separate zips of several folders in a directory.
(Free) WinRAR (Trial/Paid) Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible SyncBack Free (Backup utility) Free and
paid versions) Explorer ++ (Fast alternative to File Explorer) (Free)
Master Seeker (Fast file finder) (Free)
everything search from void tools (Free)
Bulk Rename Utility (Multiple File rename) (Free) Copy Path - Copy
file path to clipboard from application menu. (Free) Copy file Names
(Can copy multiple filenames from selected files to clipboard via
application key.) (Free)

OCR and Scanning
ABBYY FineReader 12(paid)
Kurzweil V14. (paid)
Open Book (paid)

Audio and CD Tools
Audacity )Free )
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
Goldwave (Free and Paid versions)
Format Factory (File Conversion)(Free) Switch File Conversion. (paid)
FreeM4B to Mp3 converter (Need to use Jaws Cursor) (Free) Ponte's
Media Downloader (YouTube downloader) (Free) Available from:
http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#pmd
Virtual Recorder (Records output from sound card)(Free)

Mp3DirectCut (Free)
Mp3Gain(Free)
Mp3Tag (Free)
CDex 1.71 (CD Ripper)(Free)
CD Burner XP (CD Burner (Free)
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
DVD Audio Extractor (Paid)

Daisy and Audio Book Software
FSReader 3 (Included with Jaws)
HumanWare Companion (For Victor reader Devices) (Free) Daisy Book
Generator (Converts Audio Books into Daisy Books) (Free) Audible
Manager and downloader (Now buggy as not updated - need to install
Windows 7/8 Versions.) (Free) Inaudible Audible book Converter (Free)
OverDrive for Windows (Free) Plextext transfer (For use with Plextalk
Daisy Readers)(Free)

eBook reading
Kindle PC app all versions (Free)
QRead (Paid)
Available from:
https://q-continuum.net/qread/
Balabolka (eBook TTS Reader) (Free)
Bookworm ) (Free)
FSReader (included with Jaws)
SpeakOn Media Suite (Free)
Codex eBook Converter. (Free)
TextAloud 3 (Creates TTS Audio Books from eBooks) (Paid)

Music radio and Media Players
VLC (Free)
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
WinAmp (Free)
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
Windows Media Player included With Windows) iTunes (Needs column
browser enabled for use with Screenreader) (Free)
foobar2000
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
BBC iPlayer TV (Webbie) (Free)
BBC iPlayer Radio (Webbie) (Free)
Both Available from:
https://www.webbie.org.uk/download.htm
SpeakOn Media Suite (Free)
Tapin Radio (Free and Paid versions)
Spotify (Free and paid versions)
Available from
https://ninite.com

Speech TTS
Eloquence (paid)
Ivona Voices. (paid)

Other Utilities
Belarc Advisor ) (Diagnostics) (Free)
Unchecki (Stops Adware and Malware by unchecking boxes in
installs)(Free)
Clock2 (Clock announce , reminder and alarm(Webbie Accessibility
Suite) (Free) Available from:
https://www.webbie.org.uk/download.htm
CloseAll (Closes all windows and applications running)(Free) Team
Viewer (Remote Screen sharing) (Free for clients) Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible Sharp Keys (For remapping keyboard)
(Free) Irfanview (Image viewing and editing Software.) (Free)
Available from https://ninite.com/accessible FileZilla FTP Client
Available from https://ninite.com/accessible • Money Talks from APH is
a paid accessible bank account management programme. There’s more info here:
list end
https://tech.aph.org/mt_info.htm

list of 1 items
• SyncToy 2.1 from Microsoft is a free accessible backup programme; more info and download here:
list end

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=15155

list of 1 items
• The suite of accessible programmes from https://www.webbie.org.uk
list end

list of 1 items
• TrueCrypt is a free accessible encryption prog; although it’s no
longer being developed, I still find it very useful. More info at
list end http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/

The free Office sounds plugin is a useful programme for use with
earlier Office suites for those who find the sounds it installs helpful cues as indications of what Office programmes may be doing. More info and download is here:
https://microsoft-office-sounds.software.informer.com/

Web Browsers (all free)
Google chrome
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
Brave
Firefox
Available from
https://ninite.com/accessible
Waterfox
Internet explorer (included with Windows) edge (included with
Windows) Opera (Free) Available from https://ninite.com/accessible

Microsoft Store Apps
(Download from within Windows Microsoft Store) World Clock KNFB Reader
(Paid)

My Blind hammer Blog
https://www.claretandhugh.info/author/blindhammer/
My Guide Dog and Tech Access Blog