moderated Re: SecureToken and JAWS Question

Van Lant, Robin

My company used to use the physical RSA token and I couldn’t read it as my vision got worse and I would have to ask for sighted assistance when working from home.  We then moved to a virtual process. I cannot recall how this worked.  Within the last year, we moved to a process where I have an app on my phone and the code is presented there.  You can also receive a phone call with the code.  Maybe this approach is an option for you.  I was anxious about it at first, but the app reads fine with VoiceOver on my iphone.  I read the code then enter it into the dialog that appears on my laptop.

Robin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walker, Michael E
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:11 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: SecureToken and JAWS Question

Hi,

For systems in my company, we use a means of authentication called the SecureToken, a physical device where you enter a six-digit code that is subject to change every thirty seconds. In the workplace, what is known to work best with JAWS, since I will not be able to see the code displayed on the SecureToken’s screen?

Thank you,

Mike

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114