moderated Re: Selecting image to Add alt text in MSWord2016

Zel Iscel

Well my suspicion is that the image options are not coming up because the image is not being selected. Does Jaws say anything like, “Image selected,” when an image is actually selected?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, 18 December 2019 5:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Selecting image to Add alt text in MSWord2016

Just use shift plus an arrow key then do the application key or shift-f10 and up arrow and you will get into the options for the photo stuff.

The alt-text is a separate item if that is all you want to do in that menu.

Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." 

-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Dec 17, 2019, at 9:53 AM, Zel Iscel <zel@...> wrote:

Hi all,

When I tried to use alt text, , I was not able to select the image and I think this is the problem. The usual selection commands don’t seem to work when it comes to selecting text. Unless Is there a way to select an image?

Cheers

Zel

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shivaji Kumar
Sent: Tuesday, 10 December 2019 12:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Adding alt text in MSWord2016

Hello,

I am trying to add alt text to images in MSWord 2016 using JFW2018 and 2019, but I am not getting the format/alt options. Here are the steps I am following:

1. Select an image
2. Write click using tab+9 or shift+F10
3. This is where I am supposed to get format picture option in which the second tab would be for alt text, but using JFW I am not getting that option for format picture at all.

I have tried to insert alt text on two Windows-running PCs in MSWord2016, one with JFW2018 and the other JFW2019.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks  

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.