moderated Re: table row number

george b

Hold down control plus alt and use the arrow keys and it reads the row and collum number of each roll when moving through a table

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of tom x
Sent: December 15, 2019 21:13
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: table row number

Hi George,

I need the row number to be spoken by Jaws when arrowing slowly up the table column. If arrowing up at a normal speed then Jaws skips the row announcement and just reads the cell contents which is the desired result.

Currently, using the Jaws 2020 version released in the past week, Jaws does not announce any row number regardless of the arrowing speed. The row announcement was  spoken under the final 2019 version as well as the 2020 version released in late October.  I made the settings in the just released version the same as the settings in the 2019 version but this had no effect. That is, after making sure the settings relating to “default application” and saved with shift control d.

After trying numerous settings, I have come to the conclusion that a bug has crept into the latest 2020 Jaws update.

I’ll contact F S and make a report early in the new year.

Cheers

Tom