moderated Re: Do you have to go online in order to increase your dropbox storage size?

Hi Edward,

You are correct, I hadn't checked this in some time. But I am also 99.9% certain that this was not always the case and it is quite possible that Microsoft's competitive Office 365 option may have caused Dropbox to increase their plan from 1 to 2 Tb and of course storage continues to decrease in cost as well. Anyways, thanks for pointing this out, if somebody did need more than 1 Tb then Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional which apparently offers 3 Tb would be a good option.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do you have to go online in order to increase your dropbox storage size?

Hi Sieghard,

You get 2TB on Dropbox's first tier payment plan not 1 as with OneDrive and Office 365.

Cheers,

Ed

On 14 Dec 2019, at 15:09, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

´╗┐You do and it is of course not free. I believe it is something like $100 a year.
You can get Office 365 for less than that for personal use and in addition to giving you a license for the full Office suite the subscription also includes 1 Tb of OneDrive storage which is what you get with Dropbox if you pay.
OneDrive works much like Dropbox and since I have the Office 365 subscription I certainly don't see any need to pay Dropbox as well. I still have my free account with I think 11 or 12Gb of storage, but only use it from time to time.

Regards,
Sieghard