moderated Re: Keyboard Questions

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

That’s obviously a puzzler, because of course backspace should work. Of course, JAWS shouldn’t be interfering with that, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t, so perhaps try with a different screen reader once.  I assume you’ve already restarted.  You don’t appear to be able to add a Back button to the tool bar, which you shouldn’t need to do in any event.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 1:31 PM
To: JFW List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Keyboard Questions

Hi All,

I'm working on my sister's Win10 Pro 1909.18363.535 system with Jaws 2020, and I'm having some keyboard issues, I think.  When I press Alt + left arrow or the Backspace key to close folders or to go back a level nothing happens and I have to use Alt + F4 to do these actions, which is getting irritating...  Can anyone tell me if there's a setting that I'm missing to make these keystrokes work?  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.