moderated Re: message rules

Faraz

hello Brian,

Thanks for your message. i am actually a kind of confuse. what exactly I am wanting to move that main@groups.io mails to another folder called "JFW list" which I've already created under inbox in my Thunder Bird client. now, I don't know what filter settings I need to select from the filter dialog box which helps in getting all incoming emails from that id into that newly created folder.

Best regards,

Faraz.

On 12/12/2019 7:39 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
See:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters

Filters have commonly been put in place for the From: field and using the "contains" option, which does not require the entire e-mail address.

If you are using IMAP access I'd suggest you find out how to add filters on the server side rather than in your e-mail client.  Then they are "one and done" and you can change e-mail clients at will, or use multiple devices to access your e-mail, and all will have had the same filtering applied by the server before you ever see your messages.

        ~ Joshua Liebman