From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 4:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I Cannot Place An Order

Hi Rick,

While in forms mode try tabbing instead of arrowing to the comboboxes.  Tabbing might open the comboboxes, then arrow to your choice, tab to the next combobox, and arrow to your choice.

If the above doesn't work close forms mode after entering your CC#, arrow or tab to a combobox and press, Alt + downarrow, to open, arrow to your choice, then press, Alt + up arrow to close the combobox.  You can usually open forms mode on an edit field by pressing enter and closing it with the PC cursor key.

Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:56 PM

Subject: I Cannot Place An Order

Dear Listers:

What do you do when you come to a form you have to fill out and, although Forms Mode is on, JAWS will not work?

I am using the latest JAWS 2020 update and am using Windows 10.  I just tried to order a copy of a baseball broadcast from the Miley Collection.  I got to the order, added it to my cart, found the cart and went to the checkout page.  While I was checking out I was entering my credit card information.  I entered the card number successfully, and then came to the combo boxes where you had to fill out the month and year of expiration.  For the month, Forms Mode came on and JAWS said to select the month using the arrow keys, but when I arrowed up and down, JAWS did not speak the month.  The same was true with the year.  I even went back to the month, tried arrowing down the number of months to the expiration month and hit the Enter key, but nothing happened.  The same was true with the year.  The expiration is five years from now.  I got down to the “Year,” form, and when Forms Mode came on I arrowed down five times and hit the Enter key, but nothing happened.  In the end, I had to place the order by telephone.  This is not the first time I have run across this type of problem with JAWS, and I’m just wondering what any of you do when you come across it.

Rick Miller