moderated Re: Entering data in an Excel form

Norma A. Boge

Yes, that’s what I was looking for! Thank you so much! Best, Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Faraz
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Entering data in an Excel form

Hi Norma, I may be understand your issue, rather then suggesting you any function I should advise you a key strok which is CTRL+right arrow or left arrow which helps you navigating Amon data regions. Using this Keystroke will directly land you into The cell contains data and skip all empty cells. 

Hope its help             

On 11-Dec-2019, at 7:54 AM, Norma A. Boge <naboge@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

Let me clarify my initial post: I am able to edit the spreadsheet, no problems there. MS calls it a template, but it has a spreadsheet extension, XLS. Kinda confusing.

Here’s my question:

If I insert text into A3, isn’t there a keystroke to jump to the next cell that needs to be filled in? Something similar to tabbing to the next edit box in an online form?

I can edit and add and remove cell titles, etc. as I see fit. After that, I have the order form for my business. When it’s time for me to take the customer’s information and fill out the order form, how do I move through the form fields?

If this is still confusing, I’m ok with that. I’m probably using the incorrect verbiage to make my explanation clear. I have other options by which to save the information. Using a “template” seemed easy. Not so much, but I’m learning. <smile> Thanks, Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Entering data in an Excel form

Norma,  Since your invoice is a template, try Save As and save it as an Excel document,rename it then you should be able to fill it in.  The template file is probably protected.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Subject: Entering data in an Excel form

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.