moderated Re: New FS Blog: Three Reasons to Use Google’s Webmail Option with JAWS

Randy Barnett

Nothing new here. you can dew all of the things mentioned already with a e-mail client. IMAP syncs everything across all your devices and you can still use the web portal when you don't have access to your e-mail client. So I don't really get the point other than getting people to use Google directly so Google can track you more efficiently.

On 12/5/2019 6:07 PM, Mike B wrote:

WordPress.com

New post on Freedom Scientific Blog
Three Reasons to Use Google’s Webmail Option with JAWS
by
Elizabeth Whitaker

Gmail is a widely-used email service that is used at home,
work, and school. While it can be accessed through a desktop email application
such as Microsoft Outlook, its webmail option provides more versatility.

Google’s webmail option provides Gmail users a flexible
alternative for accessing email from computers and mobile devices. A web
browser and Internet connection are all you need to begin sending and receiving
messages.

When you access Gmail through this form of internet-based
email, messages are stored on a web server, rather than on your computer or
device. This frees up disk space and memory for other important files. Here are
three reasons to consider choosing Google’s webmail option when accessing Gmail
with JAWS.

Access Your Email from Anywhere

When using Google’s webmail option, you can access messages
from anywhere on any computer or mobile device. This is especially convenient
if you travel frequently or need to access email between appointments. Because
your email is all on the cloud, you can also search for and respond to messages
quickly and efficiently without accessing a dedicated computer or software.

No Additional Software Is Required

Webmail doesn’t require the installation of dedicated
software. Simply open your web browser, go to Gmail, and your messages will be
displayed.

Access Your Email Using Familiar JAWS and Web Page Navigation Commands

Since Google’s webmail is displayed in your web browser, you
can use JAWS Quick Nav keys and other navigation keystrokes when working with
messages. These familiar commands make learning easier.

Want to get the most out of accessing Gmail? Check out our
instructional tutorial,
Gmail and JAWS
 today. You’ll learn how to compose a new email, read messages, search
your inbox, and much more.

Download the MP4 or stream the MP3, plus use the included
resources to supplement your learning experience.

Elizabeth Whitaker