moderated Re: incorrect Windows Password created

John Doering

That happen  to me right after I got my Windows 10 system in 2016.

I had to bring in a computer repair person who was able to fix it.  I did have to pay for an hour of repair service though.

Sorry this does not give you a fix you can do on your own, butt I did not lose my data.

Hope it works out for you.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rod
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: incorrect Windows Password created

Gang:

While this wouldn’t be the proper listserv on which to post this, given that it was the result of an inaccessibility issue with JAWS, I am posting here in case one of you have had to deal with this and can be of help.

Last night, I attempted to change my Windows 10 password. The field was inaccessible and JAWS was not reading it correctly. In hindsight I should have just walked-away, but I proceeded to change the password. After turning the computer on today, the password I thought I created has not been working. Essentially, I am locked-out of my computer.

Any tips, ideas please to recover from this without having to format my drives with tons of data on there?

Thanks a bunch!

rod,

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:56 AM

Subject: Re: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

This has also been driving me mad for months now, Brave does the same thing as it is based on Chrome.

In the end the solution I found is not to use chrome to download anything unless it is tiny..

For download only I return to the old trusty Internet explorer – just type  I after pressing windows key and it will probably come up but keep on typing if it does not.

Press control O and paste in the download link. In IE  you will probably have to press F6 to go to the notification bar to confirm whether you want to open or save the download.

After this however if you alt tab away from IE you will not be, unlike the annoying Chrome announcements, me  bothered by the download status.

Alt tabbing back into IE will resume the download status announcements or you can press control J to check on the progress of your download.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 10 December 2019 15:06
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

Hi,

Is there any way to get Chrome to stop announcing a download in progress

and its time remaining every minute or so? It's very annoying for a

longer download. I've gone in to Chrome settings,and blocked all

notifications, but this has no effect.

Thanks,

~Ann

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.