moderated Re: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

NFB Lab 4

If you go to the quick settings while in chrome, insert V and type in progress, you can silence the progress announcements by hitting space on the setting.

Thom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

No the same behaviour happens whether you are using Jaws, NVDA or Narrator and it has driven me and others insane after Chrome introduced this earlier in the year.

However thanks to the addon that George found and posted to the list today Chrome and Brave is now blissfully silent whilst it is downloading large files.

David Griffith