moderated Re: FS Reader and FTP Proxy

Van Lant, Robin

Vispero’ s response to me is that others have had this same issue with the proxy and the answer is for me to go download the training files from there website.  Disappointing not to have a true fix Within FS Reader.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:14 PM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: FS Reader and FTP Proxy

I met with people from both the cybersecurity  and internet teams at my company today to see if we could figure out what is blocking me from downloading JAWS tutorial books in FS Reader.    Cybersecurity whitelisted FreedomScientific.com from one of our big screening tools (called z-scaler) that was causing part of the problem , as all .dll files are quarantined for screening.  That still didn’t work. Then the internet contact could see that FS Reader was trying to use FTP Port 21 to reach the Freedom Scientific site for the files.  Since my company uses an FTP proxy, we think there is an issue somewhere in the process.   I’ve just written to Vispero to see if they have any insights, but wonder if any of you have dealt with this.  I’m sure others who work at Government agencies, financial services and other companies with high security have faced this, so looking for ideas.   Even when installing JAWS updates, I currently have to use the offline installer for secure environments.

Using Windows 10, JAWS 2019, Office 365

Robin Van Lant

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114