moderated Re: BlueTooth Keyboard Recommendations

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

Hi Tom,

I Am using a Logitek keyboard as we speak, I think that it is a K780 but I can check if you like.

It is Bluetooth and will connect with any Bluetooth machine e.g. it is running with my laptop that has built in Bluetooth.

You have to pair it but that is quite simple, it just flashes a code when you add the device which you only need to type in once.

This one is a full keyboard, it has the number pad and is PC focused.

It runs on two triple a batteries, I have had mind for about a year, I don’t use it very often but it is still on the same batteries.

As far as I am aware, it won’t actually charge the batteries but you could use rechargeable ones and charge them outside of the keyboard.

It has round keys which is a bit different but it is quite easy to get used to.

I Love the feel of it, it is great!

One thing I really do love is that it can pair with three devices, f1, f2 and f3 will switch between the paired devices once they have been set up initially.

The only thing I am not so fond of is the function keys have to be pressed with FN first if you want their standard function e.g. fn+f1 for example gives the standard f1 which is help most of the time.

You can install the Logitek options software which will allow you to change this default action but that is a bit fiddly, I am sure you could get someone to help and as far as I am aware, this is the only way to change the default function key action, I would love to find another way.

I Hope that this helps in some way!