Re: Outlook freezes when searching any prior email with JAWS

Van Lant, Robin

Meesha,

I don’t have the Outlook issue, but I definitely have had some issues with large Excel files, especially those with pivot tables or filtering turned on.  I’m still on JAWS 2019.  I don’t have any answers for you, just empathy.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ARORA Meesha
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook freezes when searching any prior email with JAWS

Hi,

I work on group mailbox and personal mailbox in my workplace and frequently need to search a particular earlier email. The trouble is it hangs the outlook and have to restart it usually everytime I search any email. I think it could be due to the fact it has to search large number of emails…

Does it happen to any of you as well?

I use JAWS 2020 on Outlook 2016. And I have 8 GB RAM.

I had the same issue with JAWS 2019 as well.

In fact, the same happens if I open any heavy excel file with several tabs, it also freezes and have to restart the same.

Thanks,

Meesha

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114