From: jfw-bounces@...
[mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of sandy stegmayer
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 2:30 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Simple Economics 101 Was: Cracked

Before computers I used readers, braille and recorded books. I
completged much of my graduate school education before computers. Ath
the time I worked as a teacher of kids with learning disabilities. It
wasn't easy and it took more time for me to complete tasks than my
sighted peers but I did it. As I told my students, life isn't, not will
it ever be, fair and if you want to succeed you need to put out the
extra effort to be/do what you want.
Unfortunately manu blind ( and sighted too) people allow well meaning
people to "enable" them. From all the blind persons I have known, the
happiest and most productive are those who have been responsible for
themselves and have worked hard with the opportunities they have had...
and haven't had.
Please, I don't mean to offend anyone but the tome of many of the posts
have taken a "poor me" tone. In the long run, that is not helpful. And
as for pirating, it is nothing more than theft and in my opinion, that
is breaking the law and there sould be some sort of negative
consequences.

Sandy