moderated Re: Outlook 2003 Using a Lot Of CPU Power

“At this point” is an understatement. Support for Windows XP went on quite long, but it ended on April 8, 2014 which means her system would have received no security updates for five and a half years.

Whatever is causing her issue is anybody’s guess, it could simply be a fact that the hardware which is probably at least 12 years old or more is failing, it could be she caught a virus and I doubt whatever it is can be solved by anybody on this list. Of course asking a computer tech to figure it out at whatever hourly rate they charge would be throwing good money after bad.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 7:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2003 Using a Lot Of CPU Power

Well, in that case, using such way out of date equipment and software, it may take a computer technician to figure out what is going on, but my guess is something is trying to update in the background which no longer can be updated; or you have something on there that is eating your CPU, but probably something trying to update.

You might try disconnecting from the internet and see if that solves it.

You are asking for major problems if it is connected to the internet since none of the important software is supported at this point.

Best of luck,

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper