moderated Re: FS Reader 3 Crashing

Jason White

Readium would be worth investigating. It supports EPUB. When last I tried it, there was a Google Chrome extension available for it.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Griffith <daj.griffith@...>
Date: Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 18:01
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: FS Reader 3 Crashing

I am sorry you have problems with  FS Reader but have heard other similarly complaining.  It does not sound like it is fit for purpose with eBooks.

I have never used FS Reader for eBooks- it certainly cannot cope with any of the  ePub books  I have just tried it with. I don’t have access to any text based Daisy Books to test it with. Where  do you get these from??

I am however, slightly confused by you saying QRead cannot handle heading levels.

I have just checked again with some ePub books, and provided the books have a heading structure these are easily accessed in QRead as normal by pressing control H which brings up the list of heading and allows you to navigate to them.

Balabolka is a free TTS based eBook reader which has a radically different interface and learning curve. You can however also access headings in this, as from memory Balabolka  creates  automatic bookmarks of each heading which you access with the, from memory F2 key but I would have to go back and check this.

With any web links in eBooks I always copy these out anyway but I suspect you are talking about internal links?

David Griffith