moderated FS Reader 3 Crashing

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019, fully updated.  I have a laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, and a desktop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - both fully updated.

When running FS Reader 3 on either computer, if I press JAWSKey+DownArrow to “say all,” JAWS crashes, then restarts and then FS Reader freezes.  On the laptop with Windows 7, most often FS Reader and JAWS both crash after starting FS Reader and then trying to open a book.  Even if by some chance FS Reader opens the book on the laptop, it then crashes as previously described.

I have tried two different readers - Bookworm and QRead.  Neither seems good.  For example, neither seems to be able to read hyperlinked footnotes nor handle heading levels nor internal links - as does FS Reader (when working).  Primarily, this is all with DAISY eBooks; although I have also tried ePub and other formats all with the same problems.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for another DAISY reader?  Or, does anyone have any solution to these problems with FS Reader?

Thanks,

Richard