From: "Nermin via Groups.Io" <voy44=yahoo.de@groups.io>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: Does Anyone Know This Synth?

Hi,

yep, a Speak and Spell, popular in the mid to end 70s and in the 80s as well.
It had cartridges with different vocabulary on it, but you couldn't really use it as a computer synth. It was a stand-alone thing with some sort of capacitive buttons for kids to learn how to spell, made by Texas Instruments.
I think there even was a version with a complete Braille sheet to label all the buttons and make it accessible.

Regards,
Nermin