From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf of John Covici
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2019 3:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: advice for a recording software

Total recorder website seems to be up and running, how do you know there is
no longer technical support?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:22:17 -0500,
David Griffith wrote:

If you simply want to replace Total Recorder then use the excellent free
Virtual Recorder.

I have it on DropBox on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21yg909ea4szdn2/Virtual%20Recorder.zip?dl=1

It works fine in Windows 10 and is in my experience superior to Total
Recorder and more reliable anyway.

It can record in a variety of formats.

If you want to edit mp3 files then GoldWave is an option but I normally
find the free Mp3DirectCut quicker and easier to use.

B set beginning of selection and n marks the end of a selection. Del
deletes , control c copies etc.

If you want to split a file press b, then n, and finally del key to set a
cue point. Control T will then split your file at one or more cue point.
There are loads of other features.

David Griffith
How do
you spend it?