From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: 11 November 2019 20:07
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: advice for a recording software

Total recorder website seems to be up and running, how do you know there is no longer technical support?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:22:17 -0500,
David Griffith wrote:

If you simply want to replace Total Recorder then use the excellent free Virtual Recorder.

I have it on DropBox on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21yg909ea4szdn2/Virtual%20Recorder.zip?dl=1

It works fine in Windows 10 and is in my experience superior to Total Recorder and more reliable anyway.

It can record in a variety of formats.

If you want to edit mp3 files then GoldWave is an option but I normally find the free Mp3DirectCut quicker and easier to use.

B set beginning of selection and n marks the end of a selection. Del deletes , control c copies etc.

If you want to split a file press b, then n, and finally del key to set a cue point. Control T will then split your file at one or more cue point. There are loads of other features.

David Griffith

http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/

How do
you spend it?