moderated Re: advice for a recording software

David Griffith

If you simply want to replace Total Recorder then use the excellent free Virtual Recorder.

I have it on DropBox on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21yg909ea4szdn2/Virtual%20Recorder.zip?dl=1

It works fine in Windows 10 and is in my experience superior to Total Recorder and more reliable anyway.

It can record in a variety of formats.

If you want to edit mp3 files then GoldWave is an option but I normally find the free Mp3DirectCut quicker and easier to use.

B set beginning of selection and n marks the end of a selection. Del deletes , control c copies etc.

If you want to split  a file press b, then n, and finally del key to set a cue point.  Control T will then split your file at one or more cue point. There are loads of other features.

David Griffith

http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/