moderated Re: advice for a recording software

Richard Turner

My personal favorite has always been Goldwave.

To purchase it is $50.

You can use a fully functional copy to see how you like it.

It can use a Microphone, but I do not think it could record both a person talking and the speech synthesizer unless you have a mixer to go through or are just using the speaker sound for the synth.

It has lots of features too, but everything can be done form the keyboard.

Any good software is going to have a learning curve, but to get you started:

Dropping a queue point for the start of a clip is the left bracket.  The end tag is the right bracket.

Standard editing commands work to cut, or copy.

There are specific keystrokes for pasting say at the end of a track, which I think is control-e.

To paste into a new file is control-p.

There are settings to use different playback functions like play from the beginning, play only the selected material, etc.

It is worth spending time in the manual, but only read the sections that cover what you want to do.

You can download it from www.goldwave.com

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper