moderated Re: installing hp office pro 8820 printer/scanner

David Griffith

I can only speak generally about this as I have no direct experience of your printer and others may have better ideas.

Generally WiFi printers have to be setup to connect onto your local Wifi network, after which it should be pretty easy to find as an available printer on your PC.  This of course assumes you are also on the same WiFi network.

Because printers typically set up using a screens display, identifying and connecting to your WiFi is normally pretty inaccessible  in my experience.

For this reason  I have always used a sighted person to perform this initial task.  For my current WiFi printer I got a computer engineer to do it for me for £20 here in the UK.

There is one possibly accessible way of doing this for a blind person I am aware of and that is to use a pairing button if your router and printer have these.

It still however depends on this pairing option being available by default as soon as the printer is first turned on.

Also of course you will need to know which are the pairing buttons on both your printer and router.

I copy below some instructions from the Which Magazine in the UK.

If your printer and router are both compatible with Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) this should be an option in the printer’s network menu.

If so, when prompted, all you need to do is press the WPS pairing button on your router and the corresponding button on the printer to wirelessly connect

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10