moderated Re: Spell Checking and HJ Pad

Lino Morales

The spell checker is still their.

On 11/10/2019 4:50 PM, Milton Ota wrote:
Hello All,
Its been a long while since Freedom Scientific has provided HJPad and if you look at it very carefully and compare it with Wordpad, a simple and small word processor that is bundled with Windows for as long as I can remember, it is almost identical.
Freedom Scientific provides HJPad more as a notepad and it was not designed for serious writing.
You could think of it as a way to create a shopping list and print it on a printer so that when you go shopping with someone that person can refer to it when helping you find items in the grocery store.
Now, I have heard that there is a spelling dictionary that can be linked to HJPad but I don't know if it is still available and how well it works or even how accessible it is.
I personally don't think that Freedom Scientific/Vispero will ever turn this little program HJPad to the point where you wilol have a spell checker/dictionary as then, it will cost us more to have the program as they probably will have to buy a license for the spell checker/dictionary to be added.