Re: JAWS and Plex Media Server

Randy Barnett

I use plex on a freenas server at my home and you dont need to buy a plex pass to watch movies. the pass gets you music streaming and tv shows. We also have it set up at our Air B and B for the 2 guest units and have no issues with them watching movies off the house server.

On 11/6/2019 8:37 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:

Yes, I think you're right on that decision. I have it installed, think I'll uninstall it right now.

On 11/6/2019 9:15 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Reading about it on their web site and also about the iOS version in the app store, there are many features (not clearly specified) that are only available in the premium subscription.  The rates shown on the iOS app are $4.99 per month, or $39.99 per year or $149.99 for a lifetime Plex Pass.

One person said it takes forever to transfer files since it converts the format instead of using multiple formats.

They tried transferring a movie and many, many hours later it wasn’t finished.  He canceled that and manually copied it to OneDrive in 27 seconds.

Of course, that is copying to another place on the hard drive, but I know the sync time for OneDrive is very fast.

So, after reading about this with all of its promises, I think I will pass on this one.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and Plex Media Server

It can be installed and used, I just don't know how to use it. I have it installed here, but don't have the first idea of what to do with it.

On 11/5/2019 2:33 PM, Blackwell, Clifford wrote:

I’m about to try to install Plex on a Wondows 7 desktop running j2019 or possibly j2020.  Does anyone have any experience installing and running a Plex Media Server with JAWS?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.