Re: JAWS and Plex Media Server

Randy Barnett

I use plex on a freenas server at my home and you dont need to buy a plex pass to watch movies. the pass gets you music streaming and tv shows. We also have it set up at our Air B and B for the 2 guest units and have no issues with them watching movies off the house server.

On 11/6/2019 8:37 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:

Yes, I think you're right on that decision. I have it installed, think I'll uninstall it right now.

On 11/6/2019 9:15 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Reading about it on their web site and also about the iOS version in the app store, there are many features (not clearly specified) that are only available in the premium subscription.  The rates shown on the iOS app are $4.99 per month, or $39.99 per year or $149.99 for a lifetime Plex Pass.

One person said it takes forever to transfer files since it converts the format instead of using multiple formats.

They tried transferring a movie and many, many hours later it wasn’t finished.  He canceled that and manually copied it to OneDrive in 27 seconds.

Of course, that is copying to another place on the hard drive, but I know the sync time for OneDrive is very fast.

So, after reading about this with all of its promises, I think I will pass on this one.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper