moderated Re: Try label instead of envelope printing for addresses was RE: Addressing envelopes

Tony

I have had some problems putting individual labels into the correct spot on a partially used label sheet.  Do you have any suggestions for that?

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 9:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Try label instead of envelope printing for addresses was RE: Addressing envelopes

I learned a long time ago after repeated envelope jams in the office laser printer to print on labels instead of envelopes. I prefer the Avery 5160 labels which come 3 to a row with 10 rows for a total of 30 labels on a sheet the same size as an 8 and a half by 11 inch sheet of paper and that can be loaded in a laser printer paper tray. Microsoft Word allows for label printing and you can select the label type and style and either print a full page of the same label or specifically identify what row and column label you are printing and print them individually. The sheet never jams in my black and white laser printer and I remove the printed label from the sheet and stick it on my envelope of choice for mailing. I keep a full sheet of return address labels which I use as needed.

I recommend that those having trouble printing addresses on envelopes give this method a go. It works great with Word 2010.

Alan Lemly